Need someone to help run a kiting event or teach a class? Below you will find a list of kite teachers from across the country that will be happy to help you out.
National / International
- Meg Albers
- Email: email@example.com
- Kite historian and Teacher
- Meg Albers believes kites are the ideal educational tool that can break through socio-economic barriers and encourage cultural diversity, while simultaneously combining art, science, physical activity, as well as encouraging familial and social bonding through the art of the kite.
Web Site: Kites in the Classroom
Kites have a history that spans thousands of years of learning, adventure, and experimentation in aviation. Today, kites can be used in the classroom to teach a wide variety of subjects. Kites can be used for relaxation or as an exciting vehicle to carry physics, mathematics, materials science, arts, crafts, and weather skyward! This web site is for teachers and kite flyers who visit classrooms and wish to use kites as a vehicle for instruction. With this seminar you can bring that excitement to you.
- Ralf Dietrich
- Country: Denmark
- Website: www.dietrich.dk and www.classic-kites.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ralf has 25 years of kite flying experience and is known internationally as a prolific kite maker, designer, developer and writer. He teaches all types of class's on several levels, depending on the wishes of the Organizers and students. He taught twice in Ft. Worden and one time at MAKR. AKA member. Book author. Ralf's kite designs are now available in kite stores worldwide.
- Dave Ellis
- Overland Park, KS
- Web Site: http://www.kiteguy.info/
- Email: email@example.com
- I share everything I learn. I love to teach, and also take every kite building class I can. I have taught classes at Oregon Kitemakers Retreat, Mid America Kitebuilders Retreat, Ft Worden's retreat, and at MAKR.
- Web Site: Kites in the Classroom
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kites have a history that spans thousands of years of learning, adventure, and experimentation in aviation. Today, kites can be used in the classroom to teach a wide variety of subjects. Kites can be used for relaxation or as an exciting vehicle to carry physics, mathematics, materials science, arts, crafts, and weather skyward! This web site is for teachers and kite flyers who visit classrooms and wish to use kites as a vehicle for instruction. With this seminar you can bring that excitement to you.
- Charles A. Stewart
- Web Site: www.letsflykites.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 646-249-9165
- For a number of years, I have been running kite making workshops for kids of all ages. These workshops have been done at kite festivals, Parks, Libraries, and Senior centers. They can be done at your location. Ask us about anything kite related.
- Barbara Myer
- Phone: 763-424-2571
- Barbara does kite classes for all ages, kite based upon age of students, budget, time, and particular interest, example: Japan or China. She also do team building workshops for corporations. She brings everything needed, the groups take over to build and fly their own designs.
- Charm Lindner
- Phone: 636-677-3029
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaches classes on the, history, science, different types of kites, and of course how to make and fly kites. She also teaches a 6 week course called �Kites around the world", where a different kite from somewhere in the world is made each week. I use all kinds of materials. I do schools, scouts, camps, day care centers and state parks. Charm is a prolific and award winning kite maker.
- Donna Houchins
- Email: email@example.com
- Is an AKA Award winning kite maker and Sport kite flyer. She teaches all sorts of Kite building workshops for kids of all ages, history presentations, and learn-to-fly also for single line and sport kites.
- Terry Zee Lee
- Phone: 406-698-9369
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Specializing in teaching several bird kite patterns to Native American children attending reservation schools. I travel all over Montana and Wyoming, spreading the science of kite flying, and especially love teaching 3rd, 4th and 5th graders.
- Carl D. Anderson (Gumby)
- 17719 Moline Martin Rd Grayton, OH
- Email: email@example.com
- Carl specializes in fighter kites.
- Catherine Gabrel
- Stillwater, OK
- Phone: 405-624-6231
- Website: www.kitesinthesky.net
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dave Young
- 13407 Fox Hollow Road Duncan, OK 73533
- Phone: 580-467-7388
- Email: email@example.com
- Gary Engvall
- Phone: 401-942-3606
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chuck Jones
- Phone: 423-902-1959
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.rivercitykites.com
- Workshops can be for fun (parties & festivals), for connecting with the Divine (youth groups, church conferences, retreats), or for learning (STEAM classes or team building).
- Kathy Nixie
- Phone: 361-249-0387
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kite worships from simple paper box kites to newspaper deltas and many more designs in plastic.
- Bruce Lambert
- Yakima, WA
- Email: Br8080@gmail.com
- Specializing in Fighter Kites.
- Carl Williamson
- Phone: 360-276-4322
- Email: email@example.com
- Paul Fieber
- Phone: 608-271-8265
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org